Updated as of May 19, 2021.
MECOfinder is a next generation of online classifieds focused on the automotive industry and services and products provided therein. Your privacy is important to us, we will never collect information that is not necessary for us to providing cutting edge services to you. KodZone Technologies Limited Nigeria, MECOfinder location-driven app is a SMART application for mobile devices with user-friendly interface and powerful functions to connect as many vehicle owners and users with competent automobile servicemen near them.
"KODZONE TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED", hereinafter referred to as "MECOfinder","MecofinderLite","we","us" or "our".
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM THE PEOPLE THAT USE THE MECOfinder APP?
When searching or registering on our App, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, location information, profile picture or other details to help you with your experience.
When Do We Collect Information?
We collect information from you when you search on our app, create account, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, open a support ticket or enter information on our app.
Provide us with feedback on our products or services.
When you use the MECOfinderapp for automobile servicemen search, we collect your precise location data. If you permit the MECOfinder app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system, we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Contacts/Address Book Information:
If you permit the MECOfinder app to access the address book on your device through the permission system used by your mobile platform, we access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our services and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection.
Usage and Preference Information:
We collect information about how automobile servicemen and app users interact with MECOfinder, preferences expressed, and settings chosen. In some cases we do this through the use of location from your IP address, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
Device Camera/Storage Information:
We customize your account profile with your profile photo using your device camera or by selecting your preferred image from your device gallery, and this can only happen when you give the MECOfinder App permission to access your device camera and device storage as the case may be.
Call and SMS Data:
Our services facilitate communications between automobile servicemen and users in connection with facilitating search results.
When you interact with the MECOfinder App, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity you were using before interacting with our Services.
The purpose of collecting and the period of processing of personal data
- We collect and process personal data for the purpose of matching up a user with an automobile serviceman;
- We forward the data on geographic location and telephone number of the user to the automobile serviceman to enable to decide whether the user is located nearby;
- We may use the personal data to resolve automobile serviceman´s service quality issues;
- We use contact details to notify you of updates to the MECOfinder app;
- The personal data collected via the MECOfinder app will not be used for identification of persons or their locations, nor for the purpose of behavioural marketing.
- We will hold and process your personal data only for the period your account is activated.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, perform a search, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf our website or app, or use certain other app features in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our app in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To quickly process your requests.
• To ask for ratings and reviews of services or automobile servicemen
• To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
Disclosure of personal data to App Users
- The personal data of automobile servicemen is only disclosed to users who have activated the MECOfinder app; in such case, they will see the name, telephone number and geographic location, profile picture of the automobile serviceman;
- The feedback on the quality of the service is anonymous and automobile serviceman do not receive information on the names and telephone numbers of the users who provided feedback;
Personal data of automobile servicemen
- We only collect and process personal data of automobile servicemen to the extent necessary for verifying the automobile serviceman’s qualifications for pursuing this professional activity and safeguarding the contractual relations associated with the MECOfinder app service.
Security and deletion of data
- Any personal data collected in the course of providing the MECOfinder service is transferred to and stored in the data centre. Only authorised employees of MECOfinder and local service providers have access to the personal data and they may access the data only for the purpose of resolving issues associated with the use of the MECOfinder app (including disputes with the automobile servicemen);
- If you would like to delete the personal data collected by us, you can do so by submitting a written request to our customer support via firstname.lastname@example.org. After receiving the request we will delete the account and any personal data associated with the account if there are no any outstanding payments. After the deletion the personal data will be anonymized and used for analytics only;
- Please note that the deinstallation of MECOfinder app in your device does not cause the deletion of your personal data. If you want to delete your personal data collected by MECOfinder, please send a written request by email as indicated above. You should also bear in mind that the request to delete personal data is possible only if we delete your account. As a result of that you will not be able to use MECOfinder services under your existing account.
- If you presume that we (or any other MECOfinder entity processing your personal data) carry such processing in contradiction with your personal rights or in contradiction with the law, in particular if the personal data is inaccurate, you may:
- a) ask us (and/or any other MECOfinder entity processing your personal data) for an explanation;
- b) require us (and/or any other MECOfinder entity processing your personal data) to remedy the arisen state of affairs (in particular by blocking, correction or supplementing of personal data);
- c) appeal directly to the respective data protection authority having the jurisdiction over your personal data.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
1. We use regular Malware Scanning.
2. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL/HTTPS) technology.
3. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places, initiates a search, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
USE of ‘COOKIES’:
Help remember and process search requests.
Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf, (such as Google Analytics), they will receive information of your MECOfinder App usage which helps us provide better services.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our app, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our app policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our app. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our app and welcome any feedback about these sites.
HOW DOES OUR APP HANDLE 'Do Not Track Signals'?
We honour Do Not Track Signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
We do not collect information from children under 13
We collect your email address in order to;
1. Process your search requests and to send information and updates pertaining to search results.
2. Send you additional information related to our product and/or service
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following;
1. Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
2. Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
3. Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
4. Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
5. Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.